Allergy symptoms don’t just come to a halt when you lay your head down at night. In fact, your bedroom may be hosting more irritating allergens than you even realize. Just as you would during the daytime, allergy symptom prevention should be applied to your sleeping arrangements, and The Allergy and Environmental Treatment Center, LLC can help.
Located in Scottsdale, Arizona, Dr. Liszewski and the allergy team are available for entire allergy help from sunup to sundown. Our Center has state-of-the-art allergy testing tools to not only identify allergens, but also devise strategies to manage them. If you suffer from allergies, especially dust mites, mold, pollen, and pet dander, please read the following 11 tips for better sleep despite allergies.
1. Secure Your Bedding. Use zippered covers for pillow, mattress, and box spring.
2. Avoid/ Get Rid of Carpeting.
3. Use Window Blinds. Heavy curtains will collect dust and exacerbate allergy symptoms.
4. Wash stuffed animals. Wash stuffed toys in the washer at least once a week. Use hot water and dry on high heat. High heat will kill dust mites living deep inside a plush toy’s stuffing.
5. Lose the ceiling fan. Dust collects on top of ceiling fans.
6. Limit humidity. Dust mites thrive in humid environment. Maintain a 50% humidity or less in your bedroom. Use a humidifier and keep windows closed.
7. Consider an air conditioner. Set to recirculate inside air rather than pulling moist air from outside. An air conditioning unit may harbor mold, so be aware. Clean thoroughly on a regular basis.
8. Give pet own sleeping space.
9. Take a shower right before bed. A shower will wash out the pollen from your hair and body.
10. Change before bed.
11. Place an air filter in the bedroom.
Providing the most comprehensive testing, diagnosis, and treatment of allergy diseases, Allergy & Environmental Treatment Center, LLC is the leading allergy clinic in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area. If you suffer from environmental, food, or chemical allergies, don’t wait any longer and call us now at (480) 634-2985!
The advice and information contained in this article is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to replace or counter a physician’s advice or judgment. Please always consult your physician before taking any advice learned here or in any other educational medical material.
@Allergy & Environmental Treatment Center, LLC, 2014Leave a reply →